1. AlexLess

User deleted

Beta/// Me too pls. Android. [email protected]

2. Kevin Young

User deleted

Id like to beta test please. [email protected]

3. Y.B.V

User deleted

I attempted to send this in a private message and was told that I do not have that permission, so I share here... Lol.

#entry635850673

QUOTE (Alex - AnimA Team @ 12/11/2019, 14:44)
    Hi AnimA Heroes!

We are currently trying to stabilize the saving and gaming system. When we succeed, we can introduce the in-game rewards we promised you.

Thanks for understanding,

AnimA Development Team.

Hello Alex,

I am Yerrm. I would like to participate in your Anima ARPG beta. Also, I would like to share insights for addressing the saves issue. ;)

As a side note, gems have a terribly low drop rate. If you played Diablo 2 then you are aware of how difficult it is to reach level 99, no? It's a repetitive redundancy that requires hundreds of dedicated hours (I have personally leveled three 99's) and reaching the goal is certainly rewarding, however, I have noted that gem aquisition is around that degree of difficulty and some balancing is certainly necessary.

I will explain the methodology behind duping in the current public version of the game:

Notes:

1. Duping does not require a single manipulation of code nor root access on a device.
    2. Duping is possible because multiple vulnerable variables are are client sided and the server has few layers of authenticity checks.
    3. If duping is corrected from the client's side, the server still has vulnerabilities that enable exploitative practices.
    4. The broad solution to duping is to identify deliberate (or accidental) manipulation and to integrate a new layer of authentication.

On my work phone I open Anima,
    On my personal phone I open Anima,
    I log into my main character Yerrm on my work phone and play for an hour,
    I then log into my personal phone to play for an hour,
    Oh! My character data has been rolled back! (No)

I surmise that saves for online modes are captures stored at a root level on a device and that overwriting server data is based on 'last played' authentication, and that the server database has multiple directories per unit (player).

I can clear the cache for Anima on two devices (clearing root cloud captures), log into both devices, log into my primary and then into my secondary, remove stashed items from my primary--exit (saving my character & stash data to the root capture & server database), and then exit on my secondary, which then saves a capture to my device and to the server database (this capture doesn't include my 'primary')--I clear the cache on my primary and log into my primary. Success. I have now each article removed from the stash in my inventory. I have have manipulated the captures to trick the server's database, and have duped with ease..

Solution? Hmm, let's see..

Character data and stash data or separate (because stash data is shared), however, character data and stash data save at the same time. So, I suppose that when I log into a character, this data is loaded from my device's root capture first and if that capture is not there.. it will be loaded drom the server.

Let's see... If I exit the game on my secondary, I have successfully overwritten my device's capture of my secondary and my stash and I have saved this to the server's database.. however, if I do not clear the cache this data will provide me with the old primary character data because I am actually loading the root capture from my phone. This implies that while I am loading data from a non-authenticated save, I am also not overwriting the the server's save data for the primary when I am saving the secondary to the server. So, when I save my secondary to the server, I overwrite my stash data with new data, and then my secondary with new data, but my PRIMARY's data is not saved to the server's database.

Since my primary is unaffected by this save, my primary will load from server data after the cache is cleared, and then my client will attempt to load the stash data directory from my primary which will error and then be overwritten by the newest stash save data on the server.

Each time I play 'online,' I am actually playing an offline capture it seems.. So I assume that the server's databases are accepting new captures while the devices root captures are not being reloaded each time I play.. Glorious. Gem infinitum, ahah.. ha...

Hmm. I suppose the solution to disabling duping in the meantime would be to change how the client and server communicate this data.

This won't completely address rollbacks but it should reduce losses:

Require anima to reload the server capture every time the game is opened, or clear the client's 'online' root capture every time the application is closed. This enables the cache of a device to be current with the server's capture data whenever game play is initiated or resolved. Next, whenever a database save occurs the captur for the stash and each character must be written to the server at the same time and not individually. Basically, when I exit the game on my primary, the server must accept and write this data as if my primary & my secondary are singular and not independent databases.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Also, let's take a look at rollbacks for a moment.

If the client is updated to require a capture of the server's database every time I open the game, then as long as I have connection to the internet when I exit the game I will always be playing on a current database. Players of Anima ARPG must acknowledge that 'online' play is 'online.' While this doesn't address other exploitable vulnerabilities, this does mean that players have to acknowledge that a save which occurs when internet connection is disrupted will not be validated...

I will provide additional insights later but for now I've spent enough time typing out this message on my phone.

Again, I did attempt to send this information through a private message and I was unable to do so. As long as this material is received this post may be deleted.

Regards,
    Y

4. Xenpie780ti

User deleted

I don't have any problems with save on my two devices, if? Im log out from one of them. Mb I just a lucky one.

5. Assuériojr

User deleted

Please, accept permission BETA teste please Men ok thanks

[email protected]

6. Evil Corp

User deleted

Cool game thank you for the opportunity to test your game. :woot:
    [email protected]

7. Flavio Furquim

User deleted

I'm playing this for a couple weeks now. How do I get to be beta tester? I playing the version from Google Play store, is still 1.6.1. But I saw there are newer versions already. How do I get that?

Please add me to beta as well

[email protected]

Edited by Flavio Furquim - 12/2/2020, 11:20

8. Assuériojr

User deleted

QUOTE (AlexLess @ 4/2/2020, 09:34) 
    Beta/// Me too pls. Android. [email protected]

[email protected] me tô pls

Group

Status
    Morto
    If it possible, include me in beta testers.

Email: [email protected]

10. EL6i6Te6 ELITE666

User deleted

I would like to join the beta testing also. [email protected]

11. Furkan Coskun

User deleted

I want to be a beta tester please / [email protected]

12. S-Killer

User deleted

I want to be a betatester too, i like the game a lot, already in R6 and keep up progressing on higher reincarnation. Have a good day.
    [email protected]
    My mail for beta testing infos.

13. Tunazone

User deleted

I wanna be a beta tester too

Mail: [email protected]

14. Wesley Banks

User deleted

Beta as well please.

[email protected]

Group

Status
    Morto
    Anima team, if you can add some guys to beta test now, do it please. Thank you for this divine game)
    Best wishes, Alexey Zay.

[email protected]

46 replies since 12/11/2019, 14:44   3369 views