Using the stat points doesn't change the stats except increasing vitality

« Older   Newer »

Group

Status
    Morto
    Hello,
    I have tried using stat points to increase strength, dexterity, intellect and vitality but it doesn't change the "stats" except increasing vitality.
    (Please note, by using the word "stats" I mean Health, Health Reg, Life Steal, Mana, Mana Reg and so on)

Here is the result (Images are attached):-
    1. Increasing dexterity by one point from 4 [Image: 1.jpg] to 5 [Image: 2.jpg] doesn't change any stats.

2. Increasing intellect by one point from 6 [Image: 2.jpg] to 7 [Image: 3.jpg] doesn't change any stats.

3. Increasing strength by one point from 30 [Image: 3.jpg] to 31 [Image: 4.jpg] increases only Armor from 75 to 76 (a very minor change).

4. Increasing vitality by one point from 14 [Image: 5.jpg] to 15 [Image: 6.jpg] increases Health from 514 to 536.

Is this a bug?

My details:
    - Using Anima 3.1.2
    - Character class: Warrior (Level 13)

I will provide more details if needed.

Thank you.

1-17090265554860

2-17090265528778

3-17090265501958

4-17090265490895

5-17090265466757

6-17090265441476

Group

Status
    Morto
    The problem is, you are increasing the stats. by amounts too small to see. For instance adding one skill point to Intellect results in the following increases:

+0.15 Magic Damage,
    +0.2 Magic Resistance,
    +0.2 Mana Points,
    +0.02 Mana Regen.

So you would have to add a minimum of 5 skill points to see any change in Res., Mana, Regen (show to the nearest 0.1). The added amounts for all other skills, except Health (+20 per Vitality skill point) are similarly small.

Anima Wiki - Character Info

Group

Status
    Morto
    Thank you Fablanta for your reply and for posting the wiki link.

Does the change in "stats" using the stat points depend on the character level, character class, difficulty level or anything else?

I have a second character: Hunter (Level 944, Difficulty: Chaos). Using stat points on this character gave different results!!

Here are the results:-
    1. Increasing Strength by 1 point increased Physical Damage by 119 and increased Armor by 105.

2. Increasing Dexterity by 1 point increased Physical Damage by 60.

3. Increasing Intellect by 1 point increased Magical Damage by 18 and increased Magic Resistance by 170.

4. Increasing Vitality by 1 point increased Health by 14 and increased Magic Resistance by 1.

Thank you.

Group

Status
    Morto
    It might be that you have Emblems in your inventory/bag.

for example for strength:
    Emblem of the Triad adds 15%
    E.o. Omnipotence adds 25% to it
    E.o. Conquerors adds 15% to it

So if you had 1000 base strength you would get the equivalent of:

1000 + 150 + 250 + 150 = 1550 strength.

Group

Status
    Morto
    Thank you again Fablanta for your reply.

I think I found the solution.

I just tapped the "i" symbol in the Equipment section and then tapped on the "?" on Strength, Dexterity, Intellect and Vitality. Here is the info displayed:-

For each point spent you get for
    1. Strength: +0,2% to Physical Damage and +0,5% to Armor

2. Dexterity: +0,1% to Physical Damage and +0,01 to Attack Speed

3. Intellect: +0,15% to Magical Damage and +0,2% to Magical Resistence and +0,2 to Mana and +0,02 to Mana Regen

4. Vitality: +20 to Maximum Health and +0,25 to Health Regen

(I would like to suggest using '.' instead of ',' in the numbers above to avoid any confusion)

Due to presence of '%' (in some stats) --> the higher the existing number on the stat, the more increase one would get by increasing one point in Strength, Dexterity, Intellect or Vitality. Example: 0.2% of 100 = 0.2 while 0.2% of 10000 = 20

The presence of '%' makes a big difference which is not stated in the wiki link you have posted. Hence, you can update that in the wiki link.

Thank you.

Group

Status
    Morto
    Due to presence of '%' (in some stats) --> the higher the existing number on the stat, the more increase one would get by increasing one point in Strength, Dexterity, Intellect or Vitality. Example: 0.2% of 100 = 0.2 while 0.2% of 10000 = 20

from what you are saying ...
    i get the impression that the more of a stat you have the bigger the percentage increase you get per point added to that stat ... your math does not support that .2% of 100 is exactly equal to the percentage increase of
    .2% of 10000 .... 100 times more ...no change

Group

Status
    Morto
    Hi John,
    Thanks for replying to this topic.

I have written "the more increase one would get by increasing one point" not percentage increase 😇.

As an example, the percentage increase per point to Strength will be the same which is 0.2% to the physical damage. But the actual increase (not percentage increase) will be calculated by multiplying the existing physical damage by 0.2% (or multiplying by 0.002) hence greater the existing stat (physical damage) the more increase there will be.

Examples
    1. 0.002 x 1000 (existing physical damage) = 2 (increase) -> Resultant physical damage = 1002
    2. 0.002 x 2000 (existing physical damage) = 4 (increase) -> Resultant physical damage = 2004

I hope this is clear. 😊

Group

Status
    Morto
    is not clear
    you doubled 1000 to 2000 with an increase of 2 to 4 ... and exactly proportional increase relative to the variable ... i am still missing your point ... i appreciate you trying to help me see the advantage of your reasoning ... i just dont see advantage ... yes the more you got ... the more you get ... that's how percentages work ... its a sliding scale

Group

Status
    Morto
    By adding one point to Strength, Dexterity, Intellect or Vitality: the increase on stats WHEREVER % IS MENTIONED would depend on the existing value of the stat. This is an obvious advantage as you are basically multiplying the existing stat by numbers like 0.002, 0.005, 0.001 and so on to find the increase. Hence, greater the number on existing stat WHEREVER % IS MENTIONED --> greater the increase (simple). Other than this there is no advantage or any inference I have mentioned.

Its upto you on exactly how you are trying to play with the numbers to find/deduce something like percentage increase, proportions etc.

If it is still not clear then you can create a new topic on what you want to find out or maybe ask on Discord. 😊

Group

Status
    Morto
    i think we agree
    but are just using different words

9 replies since 27/2/2024, 10:46   231 views